Friday 9 December 2011

Clockwork Prince

Santa Claus came early this year! Or either the birthday fairy came a tad bit late. Jellee bought Clockwork Prince for me and I am forever in her debt because she bought me a paper version of my boyfriend. Clockwork Prince is the second book from the trilogy Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I highly recommend it and every other book she has written. The world she creates make you want to go to your kitchen, whip out a knife and fork, because it's the most deadly weapon you have, then out to the streets to fight off demons invisible to mundanes (ordinary people) after you've finished reading every one of her books.

 photo ClockworkPrince_zpsad13b457.jpg

I spent 24 hours reading the book with so many distractions like filling in four bloody Centrelink forms, satisfying my body functions and needs by eating, sleeping and what not.

I think my heart shattered to gazillion pieces several times then the fragments were thrown out to sea. It'll be weeks before I finally get over the events in the book and find the willpower to put the pieces back together. I honestly love James Carstairs and now I think I'm leaning towards Will Herondale too. Why isn't there anyone I know who's so perfect and sweet like Jem?

If I wasn't reading the book through to sunrise, I swear I would've screamed out traitor and thrown it across the room.

You know what I hate more than anything? CLIFFHANGERS IN BOOKS. I have to wait for another year for the third book of this series. I think it'll be a while before I get my head back to reality again. In the meantime, I'll continue running around my neighbourhood with a knife and fork in my Shadowhunter gear while dancing and singing DEMON POX IS REAL because it's been proven in the book. I knew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment