Saturday 16 March 2013

Schola

Guys, hold onto the reins of your horses (or your power cord - whichever is readily available) because I have the most ridiculous news to tell. Okay, so you know how this is my second year of uni? I actually have been enjoying the past two weeks of it. UM WHAT WHO SAID THAT? The impossible has occurred. May this be written in the history books.

So in between slipping into deep comas during my lectures, I've been having a good balance between studying and a social life. I still need to work in decent hours of sleep (and maybe a job) into my invisible pie graph.

 photo Schola_zpse508f087.jpg

After an entire year of being accosted by Christians, I finally gave in and decided to see what a Catholic society was like since Teresa runs it, and it seemed like the good mannered thing to do by going. I walked into a room full of Catholics with a Buddhist charm around my neck then had a panic attack from awkwardness. The next two hours was just awkwardly pretending to be a social butterfly and fake laughing. And then I came home with the most relieving ranting session. (Although I don't think we've "purified" our souls after all that bitching.)

I also met the nicest bunch of people through a really hipster friend I've recently met. I barely knew any of them, but they were all so welcoming and being their mental selves rather than pretending to be normal.

"How would you describe your last poop using a movie title?"
"Fast and Furious."
"The Hulk."
"The Longest Yard."
"Blood Diamond."

So far, it looks like it's going to be a good semester. My future self is probably going to punch my present self in the face for saying this.

No comments:

Post a Comment