Wednesday 31 July 2013

Of Monsters And Men

Do you want to know what real talent is? Real talent is when you can navigate from your light switch at one end of your room to your bed with the lights off and you manage to dodge every book on the floor, odd sock, chair and dangly butterfly decoration hanging from the ceiling. Real talent is also sounding perfect when you're singing live in front of thousands and still sound exactly the same as you do in your recorded songs, but somehow even better. Suck on that, autotunists. (The only time auto tune is okay is when you chipmunk-esque your voice.)

 photo OfMonstersAndMen1_zps7e41409e.jpg

I went to see Of Monsters and Men perform live. They were so amazing and perfect. The supporting band, Mammals, was also pretty good. The sad thing is that I can only find two of their songs online. They're not that well known so I can't find anything on them. I don't know any of their song names either so it feels like such a lost.

 photo OfMonstersAndMen2_zpsc4b268af.jpg

I love Of Monsters and Men's Icelandic accents. They're such a unique band and seemed to be quiet natured people.

 photo OfMonstersandMen3_zps9545e7bb.jpg  photo OfMonstersAndMen4_zpsab930f74.gif  photo OfMonstersAndMen5_zpsa29bb65f.jpg

I really hope they write more songs because it felt so short since they only have one album. At least they played an unheard song that didn't make it into My Head Is An Animal! I'd say my first concert was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment